31 December 2008

Hulu perdik the first trip.

After lots of reading and recomendation from a fellow birder, I went to search for this place. The first time I went didnt find the place, instead I went to sg congkak. This time, Dec 11, after studying the guides by numerous websites manages to find it. It actually before Sg Congkak.

The Direction.
Find the Kg Kuala Perdik before Sg Congkak, if from KL, find a signboard of Nur Lembah Pangsun with a small sign "Jln Hulu Perdik" at the bottom. went straight until there are no road. Will gone thru tar to gravel road.

There I found a lifer. The only species of bird I managed to capture there..
The brightly coloured male
Sepah Puteri Dada Oren @ Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
Sepah Puteri Dada Oren (Malay Name)
Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
Dicaeum trigonostigma

Sepah Puteri Dada Oren @ Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
Female, sub adult. Notice the beak still have some of the juvenile orangeness..will turn blacker.


Sepah Puteri Dada Oren @ Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
Male and female together.

after the birds finished having their snack, I went in up the river to find the waterfall or other birds,but halfway I turn back coz the sky is turning black.. and I have made 3 river crossing, and I know the river will swell up if it rained heavily and I am alone in the forest.

so went back and take a dip near the first river crossing..
and guess what a natural fish spa..rm60/hour at fish spa at kl.. feet only..

here, both hands and feet..

what a nice place!

2 comments:

  1. Great catch of bleeding heart.
    I heard a lot and seen many great birds pictures posted at PhotoMalaysia forum taken from this place. I would like to go there,if it is near - but so far away in Selangor.
    "Selamat Tahun Baru!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Sharp image of this beauty.
    hye abang ZZ
    ni Ilyas.
    Feel free to visit my blog:adventilyas.blogspot.com

    ''Selamat Tahun Baru''

    ReplyDelete

Sweets or Stones, it must worth something..jot it down!