16 March 2009

And I left out the Little Heron

This is one of the earlier bird species that I captured with my camera but somehow I never posted it. Maybe I forget.. When I start to archiving my pictures to CDs, manage to edit some for the web..

This is captured using ms Kodak Z612 12x zoom P&S camera set at sports mode. Just sitting on a bench at the Lake Garden at Shah Alam and noticing this Little Heron stalking a dragonfly. This is on march 2008, one year already.

Striated Heron hunting dragonfly

unfortunately, the dragonfly get away..notice that the bokeh..hehe no bokeh at all..

another early pic of the sub adult little heron with this camera.

Little Heron Juvenile
the sub-adult or juvenile, have a darker brown colour with brown streaks on the breast. This time already playing with Aperture priority setting..

Its nice to have a super zoom camera around, currently my p&s camera is on loan to someone..
See the white crow here, another lucky shot not posible if i had'nt have my p&s camera in my belt pouch..

Then moving to dslr..

A Little Heron on a wire at the banks of Sg Perak, T. Intan
Striated Heron
Little Heron @ Striated Heron
Pucung Keladi (Malay)
Butorides striatus

originally the sky was drab grey, so I apply cooling filter to make the sky slightly blue. its basically a light blue filter, I like it more than using colour balance to alter the bg colour because it didnt affect the colour of the little heron too much..

There is a fine line when altering a natural subject like bird, have to be carefull about the natural colours, not to be over saturated and not to be to drab, and I'm still learning.

Happy birding..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweets or Stones, it must worth something..jot it down!