03 August 2009

Stork Island

I accidentally found out the nest of the Painted Stork when we are having dinner at the restaurant on 12/7/09.

Me: Eh! burung upeh tu ada baby lah! Kalau ada kamera mesti dah ambik gambar nih..
Hey! the storks have babies! If I have the camera sure have taken pictures..

She: Salah saya lah ni, suruh bawak beg saya tadi. dah tak bawak beg kamera ..
Its my fault, I asked you to carry my bag, so you left your camera bag..

Me: Takper, next week saya bawak tripod, kamera shoot dari sini (the restaurant)
Nevermind, next week I bring the tripod, camera and shoot from here.(the restaurant)


Well, thats what I did on 18/7/09

The chicks maybe 2-3 weeks old, I think..
ttasikshahalam-5748

This is shot with my manual focus Tair Phs 300mm F4.5 coupled with Kenko 1.4x TC

just to show the difference using Tamron SP AF 2x TC
ttasikshahalam-5894

not much different, but using the 2x tc sure relieves my eyes for focussing job, but loose extra 1 stop of light.

from my point of view, I saw 5 nest with 1-2 chicks inside.

ttasikshahalam-5791

for the location of the island click here

4 comments:

  1. where is that ? if you don;t mind? nice picture of the young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it is in shah alam.. click the link :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! good sighting! The chicks from Putrajaya heronry have flew out from their nest. Only 1 is still around. However, there is another nest hidden on the other side of the island. So that makes 4 nest with 8 chicks. Another nest is on the way....

    Regards.
    Weng Chun (www.nature2pixel.com)

    ReplyDelete

Sweets or Stones, it must worth something..jot it down!